Governor Mike Sonko has suspended two of his ministers and 14 other county staff, largely from the planning department over the Monday tragedy at Precious Talent Academy in Dagoretti South that claimed eight pupils.
He said the Finance and Planning Minister Charles Kerich, Health Minister Mohammed Dagane and the others will stay out of office to pave way for investigations into the collapse of building that killed pupils.
He has appointed Agriculture Minister Pauline Kahiga as the acting Finance boss and Environment minister Veska Kagongo as the acting Minister for Health.
Those sent home alongside the two Ministers include;
- Justus Kathenge, suspended County Chief Officer for Urban Planning (to continue in suspension)
2 . Jusper Ndeke, Director Planning Compliance and Enforcement
- Dominic Mutegi, Development Management Director
- Ochanda Ondari Fredrick, Assistant Director Enforcement
- Ruth Waruguru, Director Urban Planning
- Thomas Dudi, Assistant Director Planning
- Simon Onyango, Development Officer (regularization of buildings/approval of architectural plans)
- Alex Mucheru, Development Control (overseeing approvals of buildings and schools on behalf of public health and safety)
- Mackline Saitera, Development Control (approval of building plans and school inspection)
- Edna Guantai, In-charge of approval of public buildings and schools on behalf of public health
- Joyce Kyengo, Dagoretti South Sub-County Administrator
- Lucy Wairimu Munyika, Dagoretti South Sub-County Commander.
- Sylivia Mwikali Nthinga, Dagoretti South Sub-County Planning Officer
- Okal Kennedy, Ngando Ward Administrator.