Mary Wanjiku Njeri alias Kamunguna was popular entertainer in Jubilee campaigns and products promotions. She was well known because of her body physique and having featured in the late Wakahalf’s song Kamunguna.
She was found dead in her house in Kayole in September 1. It looked like she was poisoned. She was buried in Kenol, Murang’a on September 11.
There were however a lot people did not know about Kamunguna. Here is what we have gathered from friends and relatives.
- Kamunguna was given a building in Soweto, Kayole by President Uhuru Kenyatta in June 2018. in 2013 Uhuru promised her a plot. He honoured the pledge with the rental building with 10 single houses and full of tenants.
2. She paid Uhuru a visit at State House. Uhuru knew her well and could spot her amongst wananchi in rallies. She took a photo with him at ikulu that heightened her popularity.
3. She was born and brought in Kayole and lived there for all her 27 years but they hail from Kenol Area in Murang’a county.
4. She was a mother of a six-year-old girl. He had a son but he died five months after birth.
5. She was the only one dwarf in a family of five. She was the fourth born.
6. She was very secretive to her relatives. Including their mother Salome Njeri that they didn’t know who was her hubby. Friends say it was a trucker of average height.
7. She loved binging. Yes, she loved fun and when provoked she would bring down the club, literally.
8. She tried several hustles, event working as conductor for Prime Sacco and Forward Travellers Sacco, both plying Kayole-OTC route.
READ ALSO: Fascinating facts about Njugush the comedian
9. She was an Arsenal fan. Her house was full of the Gunners’ posters, photos, calendars and clothes bearing the team’s name.
10. She was a staunch Catholic faithful. She was member of Joachim & Ann Catholic Church, in Kayole and rarely missed the church irrespective of how her Saturday night was. Actually a requiem mass was held here a day before her burial in Murang’a.